Here is a selection of projects we have conducted on behalf of our clients in 2009:
- Financial services provider (SMB).
- Evaluation of plan to purchase a VTL subsystem.
The evaluation, target price, and arguments for negotiations were delivered in form of a management summary document.
- Analysis of differences, pros, and cons of disk-only VTLs and virtual libraries.
- Evaluation of the most suitable technology.
- Providing examples of such available products.
- Evaluation of the proposed configurations, including performance estimation and OpEx projection.
- Price evaluation of the proposals and suggestions of target price.
- Significant price savings.
- Insurance company.
- Providing workshops and material assisting the client in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Evaluation of the current infrastructures.
- Educational workshop on existing technologies, pros, cons and pitfalls.
- Server virtualization.
- Evaluation of different options.
- Providing 3 scenario options for management evaluation (presentation) that included benefits, risks, and cost for each option.
- A robust virtualized solution saving 80% of the number of servers. The architecture yielded greatly reduced outage times for both planned and unplanned maintenance and significantly lowered energy consumption and carbon-dioxide emissions.
- Large Telecom.
- Audit of new data center according to tier-4 guidelines of TIA-942 Telecommunications Infrastructure Standards for Data Centers.
- The audit was performed over the last two weeks of January 2009. It involved checking construction plans, physical site inspection, and interview sessions. An audit report detailing the findings and recommendations for improvement were submitted to the client.
TIA-942 provides standards, requirements, and guidelines for the design and installation of data centers for telecom companies. It covers facility planning, cabling system, and network design and facilitates the planning of data centers to occur earlier in the building development process. The standards ensure that the data center can accommodate the needs of the equipment and technologies in terms of adequate power, cooling, cabling, service space, equipment size and location, as well as security.
- Subsidiary of leading European transport company.
- Evaluation of high-end storage subsystem leasing proposal and professional assessment of the feasibility of flash storage.
- ca. 20% lower leasing rates, with savings 50x greater than the fees charged for conducting the project.
- Large IT vendor.
- Sales training focusing on competition as well as on sales strategies for economic down periods.
- Measurably increased sales in the same quarter already.